Monday, September 12, 2011

Now the paperwork begins...

Bags of Artifacts
So, we're home now.  It was a fantastic long summer.  There was snow on the ground when we arrived in Nunavut in the middle of June and we had spring, summer and fall while we worked.  We had a few days of snow and sleet towards the end of the season.  Now I have several months of report writing.  My part of the project involves reporting on about 25 sites.  The first step will be to send the site record forms away to Ottawa to get Borden numbers for the new sites.  While I'm working on the reports I'll have the artifacts from the excavated sites with me here in St. John's, before passing them on to the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre in Yellowknife.
I have two fat binders of maps and paper work, bags of artifacts and thousands of photographs to organize into a final report for the Nunavut Government and the client.


At least I get to have a few cool artifacts around the house.

Photo Credits: Tim Rast

1 comment:

  1. Mary Lynn E. LongworthSeptember 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM

    I have to admit, when I answer the phone at work, I say "Do we chert them and how, UMSL Archaeology Lab, this is Mary Lynn, how can I help you?"

    Sadly, I've found I'm not a lithics kinda gal. After databasing, and still databasing more than I'd care to ever see... I'm burnt out. Mind you, most of what I'm processing is coming out of chert mines... bifaces, cores, scrapers, and a large amount of debris from processing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails