Friday, May 21, 2010

Some days are just not that exciting...

Finished Fibre Optic Spiral Earrings
I'm still plugging away on spring wholesale orders.  All of those fibre optic points in the macaw mosaic last Friday have been wired and most of them have been carded and some of them have been packaged and are ready to ship.  I can count the remaining wholesale orders on one hand now, which is nice.

Unfinished obsidian and chert in the workshop
I'm not sure what today will be like.  Either I'll make a dedicated push in the workshop and get all the flintknapping done for the orders that need to be done by June 1st, or I'll tie up some loose ends and finish some of the small jobs that are distracting me from the last big order.  My work schedule is a little out of sync with the world right now, which tends to happen this time of year or when deadlines are looming.  I seem to be working afternoons and evenings and weekends, with mornings and one or two weekdays being my down time.

Unfinished fibre optic jewelry in the basement
The main goal right now is to get the last of the orders with a June 1st delivery deadline finished up and shipped by the start of next week.  I'd like to spend a few days next week working on the L'Anse aux Meadows reproductions before heading to Corner Brook for the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador's Annual General Meeting.  I'm glad that it will be on the west coast of the Island this year because it gives me a chance to collect rock along the way.

Photo Credits: Tim Rast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails